Hear stories of epic adventures and explorations with one of the extraordinary adventurers of modern time.
Direct from a sold-out UK tour, Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the world’s greatest living explorer according to the Guinness Book of World Records, will tour Australia in March and April in 2019.
Having lived through countless life-threatening experiences and completing record-breaking feats over the last 50 years, Sir Ranulph will offer a personal journey through his life, from his early years to the present day. Hear tales from his expeditions – the meticulous planning, the highs and the lows and just what it takes for someone to cut their own fingers off when frostbite sets in.
Did you know Sir Ranulph Fiennes is the only man alive ever to have circled the earth along its polar axis? More people have been on the Moon.
• His circumnavigation of both North and South Pole, being the first and only person to complete this.
• His crossing of the Antarctic and Arctic Ocean.
• His circumnavigation of the world along its polar axis.
• How he led the team that discovered the lost city of Iram in Oman.
• His 93-day unsupported expedition in Antarctica where he was the first man to walk across this frozen frontier.
• What was going through his mind when he cut his own fingers on his left hand after suffering frostbite when attempting to walk the North Pole.
• How his determination saw him running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days 4 months despite suffering a heart attack less than four months prior in his 60s.
29 March 2019, 8:00PM Perth, WA – Crown Theatre
30 March 2019, 8:00PM Hobart, TAS – Wrest Point
31 March 2019, 4:00PM Melbourne, VIC – Hamer Hall, Arts Centre
1 April 2019, 8:30PM Sydney, NSW – Sydney Opera House
Tickets and more information
The giveaway to win a double pass to ‘An Evening with the World’s Greatest Living Explorer: Sir Ranulph Fiennes’, which also includes a special meet and greet has ended. Congratulations to Morven G from NSW who has won this amazing prize!
Want to complete some amazing feats of your own? Join onto our exclusive National Geographic Active Expeditions and live a life of adventure >